Sunday, August 21, 2016

An app for the day

I have a bad habit of forgetting to turn my android phone ringer back on after turning it off for things like the cinema, or a concert.  A day later, I might look at the phone and realise that I have missed a call or two for that reason.

Yesterday, it occurred to me that it would be handy if you could set the ringer off for a certain period, to have it turn itself back on later without my further involvement.

And, indeed, there are many phone ring schedulers out there, which you can use for turning it off for evenings, or overnight, etc.

But the simplest one for the specific purpose I wanted seems to be Shush! Ringer Restorer.   Works very simply (just turn your ringer volume to zero and it pops up automatically, letting you assign the restoration in 1/4 hour increments.)

What a neat app (assuming it works, haven't fully tried it yet) for my problem.

No comments: