Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hot dongle

I bought a Google Chromecast yesterday.  I got it after being reminded by Download This Show (the enjoyable Radio National show on technology and the internet) that it had recently been released in Australia, and they seemed to like it quite a lot.

It is good, and promises to get better as more apps come out incorporating it.  (ABC's iView apparently is doing so.)

One thing I wasn't expecting was that my daughter's iPod would work with it straight away, leading to fights between us (me armed with the Samsung, she with the Pod) for control of the TV.

(By the way, the thing does get pretty warm to the touch after its been used for a while - hence "hot" in the title.  I was thinking of entitling this post "Been Playing with My Hot Dongle", but decided against it.)

No comments: