Friday, June 20, 2014

Electric bicycles popular - in China

Yeah, so Harley-Davidson have a electric motorcycle out that may or may not go into production, by the sounds.  But in the story, I noticed this interesting point:
Purpose-built electric bicycles are becoming hugely popular. In China 25 million are sold each year, according to Prof Peter Wells, co-director of the automotive industry research group at Cardiff Business School.
By the way, just Googling around to see what's available in Australia in the way of scooters (it has occurred to me before that I could scooter to work from where I live for much of the year), I came across this pretty interesting looking design that is coming Australia's way soon.  Hey, it's a cheesy ad, but the machine itself looks pretty cool to me:



No comments: