Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Spielberg's favourite?

'Raiders of the Lost Ark' to Receive Imax Rerelease - NYTimes.com

This might be good to see in IMAX; I'm not sure.  But as there is no IMAX theatre in Brisbane I'm not likely to be seeing it this way.  But anyway, the item is of most interest because of what Spielberg says about the movie (even if it does have a ring of advertorial puffery about it):
 “‘Raiders’ is a movie of my own, that I can actually stand to watch from beginning to end,” Mr. Spielberg said. “In that sense, it has a special place in my heart. I don’t rewrite it in my mind; I’m not kicking myself for what I didn’t do. I’m just going along for the ride like everybody else. It’s one of the few films that I’ve directed that I can sit back objectively and observe and enjoy with my family or whoever I’m with, or even alone. Most of my other films, I’m hypercritical of them.”

No comments: