Friday, August 21, 2009

A Tarantino antidote

The Dawn Treader – Now with Tail (Updated!) | Narnia Fans

While I continue to gnash my teeth over the fact that critical success presumably means Tarantino will get to make another film, I can take some solace from the fact that, not too far from my house, they have built a full scale Dawn Treader for the next Narnia movie.

Good pictures of it are at the link above.

They are also allowing people to visit and watch filming from 31 August.

Very cool.

UPDATE: this very Catholic blog, which you can get to via the above link, has many, many more photos. One thing I am curious about: as you can see from some of the photos, the tide goes out a fair way at this part of Moreton Bay, leaving an un-photogenic rock-and-mud flat behind. Even when the tide is in, the water is not particularly blue and clear close to shore. How do they get around that when filming? Special effect sparkling ocean inserted later?

No comments: