Thursday, October 16, 2008

Use it or lose it

BBC NEWS | Health | Internet use 'good for the brain'

So, using the internet might help older folk hold off dementia.

Good news for my 85 year old Mum, then. She took up the internet about 4 years ago (good), but spends about 90% of her time on line checking the latest on the Colin Firth fansites (embarrassing). She even wrote to his fan club and got a "signed" photo sent back to her. She likes to believe he signed it personally.

I suppose if she ever does get dementia, me and my brothers could keep her happy by just introducing ourselves as Colin when we visit her. (Don't worry, I think she would laugh at that suggestion if I told her.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Colin Firth doesn't have a fan club, but if she sent it to his agents in London he does,indeed, sign all the photos for his fans

Steve said...

She will be impressed. (Well, she already believes it, it is her sons who are sceptical.)

The only problem with her intense crush on him is that if he ever runs off with a younger woman, I can imagine she will not get out of bed for days due to the disappointment.

Anonymous said...

I can totally empathize with her. I would likely react the same way. I bet she visits my site. Ask her, it's Firth Essence