Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The bureaucracy at the end of the world

Comment is free: The history at the end of history

Francis Fukuyama spends a lot of time lately defending himself from the neo-con label, and this article is along those lines. It is interesting, though, what he says about democracy.

Towards the end, Fukuyama makes this discouraging claim:

I believe that the European Union more accurately reflects what the world will look like at the end of history than the contemporary United States. The EU's attempt to transcend sovereignty and traditional power politics by establishing a transnational rule of law is much more in line with a "post-historical" world than the Americans' continuing belief in God, national sovereignty, and their military.

The world would die under that paperwork, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Demian, an italian blogger. My blog called DEMOPAZZIA (www.demopazzia.ilcannocchiale.it)I write about society, politics and many ather things. I have a friend in Brisbane. I'm very courious to knows something about your city. Ok, I hope that you can visit my blog. Bye bye. Ciao.