Saturday, December 02, 2006

Linked at last

Well, that only took 18 months! Tim Blair evidently moves in mysterious ways, taking my not so subtle hint of a few posts back that a link on his blog roll was long overdue. Thanks TB.

Just to be perverse I should now announce my retirement from blogging.

My history of being linked is fairly tragic. Currency Lad was an early one, but he's has wandered off into semi-retirement without, as far as I know, any explanation. Evil Pundit gave me a kind recommendation but now has disappeared completely (after talking about serious health issues). Does anyone know if he is OK? Catallaxy had a link earlier, then had a massive crash and I haven't re-appeared. Maybe my appearance on Blair's site means he'll soon have a tragic accident ironically connected to global warming and also have to retire. (Cruise ship to Hawaii hits iceberg, leaving Tim stranded on tiny 1 m high island in the South Pacific slowly being inundated by rising sea levels?)

Speaking of which, I think I may have found the perfect Tim Blair Christmas gift:


It's the Global Warming Mug:

Each mug is covered with a map of the world. When you pour in a hot beverage, the mug shows what happens when the world heats up and the oceans begin to rise... Land mass disappears before your very eyes!

Quite handy for choosing where one's long term real estate investments ought to be.

3 comments:

TigerHawk said...

Heh. I saw the global warming mug in a catalog the other day and almost wrote a blog post on it myself.

James Higham said...

I linked you [blogrolled you too] but I suppose that doesn't count next to Mega-Tim.

Mercurius Aulicus said...

Speaking of Evil Pundit I believe he is still around - I saw a comment from him a few days ago on timblair.net - comment no. 52 on "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"

And for what it is worth - you also have a link on my humble web journal.