Wednesday, July 19, 2006

More credible advice from India

Could you be bisexual?- The Times of India

Is it too early to be making fun of India? Oh well, I'm not finding much to laugh about, so I have to go back to this fairly recent article from the Times of Indian with its typically odd Indian slant:

Religious ideas linked to procreation and the need to find an issue to perform the last rites also lead many men into tying the knot, when they would rather be with other men.

Forty-year-old Lisa, who discovered her husband with another man five years into her marriage, was told by her counsellor that 99% of men are homosexual and they only marry to have children. "I don't necessarily subscribe to that theory," she says sighing. "But it helps me stay in my marriage."

Novel theory, that. The first rule of counselling in India must be "keep the customer happy."

Have a look at the very last couple of paragraphs on page 3 of the article if you want some further amusement.

1 comment:

The Dog of Freetown said...

I thank you for that excellent link.